LE DINER KAY (Kay Park White Party)
Saturday, June 1, 2019 5:00-9:00
Le Diner Kay is inspired by France’s famed le Diner en Blanc, which began when a stylish Parisian decided to reconnect with friends after spending several years abroad. Deciding the perfect venue would be a chic picnic in the Bois de Boulogne, a large and famous park in Paris, he and his friends all wore white so they could see each other more easily in the dark of the woods.
Our Le Diner Kay will also take place in a park, Kay Park, which we will transform into a chic and sophisticated white dinner party. Our elegant al fresco affair hopes to raise $5000 for 50KAY.
Don your most elegant white ensemble, assemble your loveliest white china, crystal, and silver, pack a picnic of gourmet delights and join us for an evening of community, music, dancing, and a little good natured competition. As part of this chic event, we encourage you to come prepared to impress the judges with the most creative of elegant tablescapes.
- Participants must wear white (and white only) and be dressed elegantly.
- Originality is always encouraged as long as it stays stylish and denotes taste.
- A picnic basket including white napkins, gourmet meal items, cutlery, dishware, and glassware.
- White wine, Rose' or Champagne is allowed. Beer and hard alcohol is prohibited.
- Items for your tablescape – fresh flowers, candelabras, twinkle lights, etc.
Advance reservations are required. If you'd like to sit with old friends or loved ones, seating assignments can be arranged, but all seating requests must be made in writing by May 15th.
Parking is limited, and champagne is delicious. We encourage you to walk or take Uber or Lyft. Shuttles from the Community Center at 203 Marin Ave. will be available as well with pre-registration.
$60 per person
This is an adult only event.