Please submit resume, cover letter and application (link below) to firstname.lastname@example.org. First review of candidates will take place August 1, 2022.
WORK TEAM LEADER: YES
LOCATION: TAMALPAIS VALLEY, MILL VALLEY, CA 94941
TYPE: FULL TIME; NON-EXEMPT; ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME; SALARY DEPENDS ON EXPERIENCE
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER OR ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
SHIFT: 8AM-4:30PM M-F, eligible for flex with General Manager’s approval
TCSD is responsible for wastewater, solid waste, and parks and recreation services for the Tam Valley area; population approximately 11,000. The Events and Communications Coordinator should be self-motivated, flexible, and organized. This position oversees and implements well-loved and visible recreational programs for TCSD’s tight-knit community.
The Events and Communications Coordinator is under the supervision of, and reports to, the General Manager or Assistant General Manager. This position is responsible for a robust set of recreational offerings for TCSD, which is an independent local government agency. Recreation events include a concert series/community event on Friday evenings during the summer, and several seasonal events including, but not limited to: Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, Oktoberfest, Breakfast with Santa, Jolly Jingles, and nature programs. The Events and Communications Coordinator creates and distributes promotional materials including but not limited to, electronic and paper newsletters, fliers, postcards, and banners.
The Events and Communications Coordinator recruits, trains, and oversees approximately 50 volunteers, and a few temporary, seasonal staff, that are needed for recreation events. The Events and Communications Coordinator ensures these services are provided in a safe, courteous, efficient manner in compliance with Federal, State, County regulations, and District policies. The Events and Communications Coordinator must provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and conduct themselves in a professional, courteous manner with the public, the District Board Members, District Commissions, fellow employees, contractors, and vendors.
The work environment involves District offices and outdoor spaces that are not air conditioned. The Events and Communications Coordinator may be exposed to various levels of noise, vibrations associated with trucks and other machinery, uneven and/or steep terrain, plants, insects, and animals normally associated with Marin County. They may also be exposed to various odors on site.
• Plans, organizes, promotes, facilitates and coordinates regularly scheduled activities, programs, special events, fundraisers and services;
· Research current and anticipate future recreation trends;
· Recruits, trains, provides technical/functional supervision, and evaluates subordinate staff and volunteers; maintains relationships with outside vendors;
· Evaluates the effectiveness of all events and provides recommendations for improvement or modification; assists in the development and implementation of event goals and objectives, policies, procedures and work;
· Prepares and edits a variety of communication materials in order to promote and publicize District events and other District-related information;
· Prepares and maintains records and reports on activities;
· Manages electronic databases;
· Prepares, administers, and presents budget for area of responsibility;
· Pursues program sponsorship;
· Actively networks, creates partnerships, and collaborates with internal and external agencies and organizations to develop community recreation programs, activities and events;
· May staff a Parks and Recreation Committee;
· Addresses customer needs and issues, and is responsive to both internal and external customers in a courteous manner;
· Project manage limited construction projects for recreation facilities and parks.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
· Interacts cordially with fellow employees, Board Members, Commissioners and the public;
· Maintains electronic and paper files as required for records retention and communication;
· Completes assignments in an efficient, timely, and effective manner;
· Performs other related duties as required.
- 5 years of event planning and coordination experience;
- Experience producing e-news and paper newsletters;
- Ability to lift 35lbs, turn, twist and shift, such as during event equipment set up and break down;
- Functional experience with Google Docs, Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator, social media platforms such as Constant Contact, Instagram, Facebook and NextDoor;
- Able to complete daily responsibilities and simultaneously manage long-term projects;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and customer service oriented;
- Thorough knowledge of the English language. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with the public and fellow employees;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Must have valid California Drivers License to drive District van;
- Ability to follow instructions;
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly;
- Ability to think clearly, thoroughly and objectively;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Ability to assist customers by achieving mutual understanding.
Approved July 13, 2022Events Coordinator specs_final_0722_post1.pdfEmployment Application.pdf