Each home should have three carts:
- Brown/Black: for garbage, either a 35-gallon or 65-gallon
- Grey/Blue: for recycling, 65-gallon only
- Green: for composting green/yard waste & food scraps, 65-gallon only
- All three carts must be placed curbside by 5:00 a.m. on your regular pickup day. Find your pick up day here.
- Place the carts at least three (3) feet apart from each other to deter animals from using one cart to get into another.
- Carts must be stored out of public view within 24 hours of collection.
Curious about what is recyclable or compostable? Refer to the guidelines for more information.
We reserve the right to refuse service should the following apply:
- Carts are filled with items other than those designated to it's color (e.g., recyclables is placed in the green cart or garbage is placed in the grey/blue cart).
- Carts contain any of the following: dirt, rocks, cement, construction materials (dry wall, old decking, tile, etc.), paint and paint cans, anything vehicle related, or hazardous waste.
- Carts are blocked by a vehicle, another object, or are otherwise inaccessible.
- Carts are overweight. The weight limits are 70lbs for 35-gallon and 100 lbs for 65-gallon.
- Carts are overflowing and lid is not completely closed.