Each home should have three carts:
- Brown: for garbage, either a 35-gallon or 65-gallon
- Green: for composting green/yard waste & food scraps, 65-gallon only
- Grey: for recycling, 65-gallon only
Curious about what is recyclable or compostable? Refer to the guidelines for more information.
- All three carts must be placed curbside by 5:00 a.m. on your regular pickup day. Find your pick up day here.
- Place the carts three (3) feet apart from each other to deter animals from using one cart to get into another.
- Carts must be stored out of public view within 24 hours of collection.
We reserve the right to refuse service should the following apply:
- Carts are filled with items other than those designated to it's color (e.g., recycling is placed in the green cart or garbage is placed in the gray cart).
- Carts contain any of the following: dirt, rocks, cement, construction materials (dry wall, old decking, tile, etc.), paint and paint cans, anything vehicle related, or hazardous waste.
- Carts are blocked by a vehicle, another object, or are otherwise inaccessible.
- Carts are overweight. The weight limits are 70lbs for 35-gallon and 100 lbs for 65-gallon.
- Carts are overflowing and lid is not completely closed.