Each home should have three carts:
- Brown: For garbage, either a 35-gallon or 65-gallon
- Green: For green/yard waste & food scraps, 65-gallon only
- Gray: For recycling, 65-gallon only
Confused about what is recyclable or compostable? Refer to the guidlines for more on what goes where.
- Carts must be placed curbside by 5:00 a.m. on your regular pickup day. Find your pick up day here.
- Place the carts three (3) feet apart from each other, as it keeps wild animals from getting on top of one cart and flipping another lid open.
- Carts must be stored out of public view within 24 hours of collection.
We reserve the right to refuse service should the following apply:
- Carts are filled with items other than those designated to it's color (e.g., recycling in the green cart or garbage in the gray cart).
- Carts contain any of the following: dirt, rocks, cement, construction materials, paint cans, anything vehicle realted or hazardous waste.
- Carts are blocked by a vehicle, another object, or are otherwise inaccessible.
- Carts are overweight. The weight limits are 70lbs for 35-gallon and 100 lbs for 65-gallon.
- Carts are overflowing and lid is not completely closed.